Please take a moment to familiarize yourself.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information ACS Asset Management may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you register your products, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, download a software update, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using ACS Asset Management products, or invite others to join you on ACS Asset Management forums, ACS Asset Management may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on ACS Asset Management’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with ACS Asset Management, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve ACS Asset Management’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, post/zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where an ACS Asset Management product is used so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Please note that certain features of the ACS Asset Management website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. ACS Asset Management may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the ACS Asset Management website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times ACS Asset Management may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with ACS Asset Management to provide products and services, or that help ACS Asset Management market to customers.
ACS Asset Management shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever ACS Asset Management operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for ACS Asset Management to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
ACS Asset Management takes the security of your personal information very seriously. When your personal data is stored by ACS Asset Management, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some ACS Asset Management products, services, or applications or post on an ACS Asset Management forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if ACS Asset Management is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through the Contact Us option on this web page.
To provide location-based services on ACS Asset Management products, ACS Asset Management and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your ACS Asset Management computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by ACS Asset Management and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services.
Third-Party Sites and Services
ACS Asset Management websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.